80/20 Food Rule

IMG_20170317_143001930_HDR

Coconut yogurt, homemade granola topped off with organic berries…Weight Loss in a Jar!  What’s not to love?!

Weight Loss is the Fabulous Side Effect of the 80/20 Food Rule!

Yes, you heard right!  Weight loss is the fabulous side effect of the 80/20 Food Rule.  Isn’t it amazing when you lose weight without trying?  What now?  You’ve never lost weight without trying?  Well, you are in for a treat!!!

Part 1

What is the 80/20 Food Rule?

You eat 80% whole organic foods like local, seasonal fruit, veggies, seaweed, roots, beans, bison and ancient grains.  The remaining 20% can be fun food.  You can divide it anyway you like.  For example, you could have a full serving of Mediterranean quinoa salad with garbanzo beans and a glass of vino.  The cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, quinoa and homemade vinaigrette would be the 80%.  The goat feta cheese and vino would be your 20%.  Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

Another way to play it, is give in to four cravings a week.  If I’m craving butter chicken, I should sit down and enjoy a bowl with garlic butter naan.  Don’t worry, that still leaves 17 healthy meals a week!  I know, it sounds too easy to be true!

On the other hand, some people look forward to a whole cheat day!  That can be dangerous!  You could outdo all your hard work in one day.  Imagine you eat healthy all week and binge on Saturday.  It’s never a good idea to gorge on “unicorn” buckies but kids these days, eh?  Gotta try everything once.  Ain’t that the saying?  So, if you want to go down this path, that’s cool.  Enjoy yourself, just rein it in a little if you feel the need to unbutton your jeans!

Part 2

Pobody’s Nerfect!

Hopefully, I’m not the only nerd out there and you got that!  Yes, nobody’s perfect!  I don’t always eat 100% organic whole foods.  Some friends and family say, “Oh, we could never eat like that!”  Yeah, I get it.  Neither can I but I try my best for 80% nutritious food and 20% fun food.  Everybody needs a break!  This is where the 80/20 Food Rule comes in.  One friend said, “Oh, I’m the opposite…I eat 20% healthy and 80% junk.”  That’s okay too!  We all have to start somewhere.  Aim for 30% nutrient rich meals…then 40%…then 50% and before you know it, you’ll be at 80% if that’s your ultimate goal.

Some go-getters aim for a 100% perfection.  It usually blows up in their face and they end up in a fast food joint.  I prefer a gentler way.  80% is better than torturing myself and eventually quitting because it is impossible to stick with.  Say yasss to the wine, dark chocolate or cake.  Slow and steady wins the race.  It’s a process and diet change.  It won’t happen overnight.  I’m also happy to say it’s not boot camp.  I’m definitely not a drill sergeant but I will get you there eventually.

When you try these meal plans, you will notice your plate will look bright and colourful.  You will feel lighter and more energetic.  It’ll be fun and motivating to prepare and eat your next meal.  You will no longer feel bogged down by heavy carbs or need sugar to get through the 3pm slump.  Excess tummy weight will slide off of your body as a side effect!  You can kiss those love handles buh bye!

The 80/20 Food Rule makes sense and it works.  You will notice your energy levels elevate when you eat by the Rule and you will feel your energy levels crash when you indulge on 20% sweets or carbs.  Naturally, you will lean toward the more blood sugar balancing meals and the cravings should lessen because you will be satisfied with  the nutrients from 80% of your meals.

Test it out for a week or so.  You can post foodie pics on our online food diary to show us your progress.  If you need more support or help with easy nutritious meal plans, contact me at Work with Me!  Good luck ladies!!!


Up to 85% OFF + 20% OFF Coupon Code

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “80/20 Food Rule

We would love to hear from you!